Let's be honest. Working out can get a little boring. Sure you can mix it up by doing different things: cardio, arms, abs, legs, etc. What I love about my booty camp class is that every time she mixes it up. It's never the same and it never gets boring. Sometimes, she'll ask people to recommend songs and she'll create a new workout song list to mix it up. Lately, she's taken it one step further by coming up with a theme to the song list.....
80's Night:
Bring out your legwarmers, cause we're going to rock it like Jane Fonda! That's right, we were asked to dress up in our best 80's work out glam. The best I could do was a side ponytail and a lime green and pastel pink tank combo. But some people went all out! One lady rocked the legwarmers, headband, side-tied t-shirt and a bomber jacket! While a guy was channeling Richard Simmons. The tunes were a mix of classic 80's tunes and techno dance mixes of the originals. It was really fun!
Latin Night:
Then, this week was Latin Night. Red and Black was the dress code while the spicy latin dance mix was on the stereo. Nothing like a bit of salsa music to get you moving! And then there's Christina Aguilera.....which is actually a regular occurrence in booty camp. Every Wed, we have to do a sit up and push up test. It's 2 mins of push ups on your feet, followed by 2 mins of sit ups. Christina Aguilera = push ups. Britney Spears = sit ups. So now, whenever I hear a Christina song, I feel the need to do some push ups!! And last night was no excuse. See Christina's Latin......so we didn't get to get out of push ups!
Have I mentioned how much I love my booty camp? Cause I do. I really, really do! Master Amy makes it actually fun to work out. Yes, I just said that working out was fun......


No comments:
Post a Comment