Friday, December 2, 2011

My Latest Addiction

Before I started Fat Smash, my typical at-work breakfast consisted of a skinny vanilla latte and a bagel or breakfast bread of some kind. As you can see, it wasn't exactly the most nutritious......or filling. I then switched to yogurt, thinking, hey....it's fruit and dairy rolled into one so it must be healthy, right? Well, back then, my yogurt of choice was whatever non-fat, low calorie version I could find. Typically, the Dannon Light n Fit or a similar store brand - whichever was on sale.

I was talking to my friend and boot camp instructor about yogurt. She explained that I should try the Fage greek yogurts. She cautioned me not to look at the calorie count, but to focus on the protein because I might freak out. And she's right. If you only compare the calorie and fat counts between yogurts, there's NO WAY you would choose the greek yogurt. It's nearly 2 1/2 times higher than the yogurt I was typically eating! However, the protein count is also 2 1/2 times higher in greek yogurt. And protein is something that I've always struggled to eat more of. So....I made the switch!

I've tried all the different flavors, but the honey flavor is hands-down my favorite. But I'm weird.....I don't pour the honey on top of the yogurt, like you're supposed to. Instead, I spoon the honey first, then dip the honey-coated spoon into the yogurt. I can control the preferred honey/yogurt ratio that way! =0)

It's a bit more pricey than other yogurts, but trust me....it's totally worth it!!

Source: www.fageusa.com

Nutrition Info (from www.fageusa.com):
Calories: 190
Total Fat: 2.5g
Cholesterol: 5mg
Sodium: 40mg
Carbohydrates: 29g
Sugar: 29g
Protein: 12g

No comments:

Post a Comment