I'll begin by saying that celery is not one of my favorites.....unless it's covered in peanut butter. But that's not very healthy, is it? I'm always looking for new ways to eat celery because it's a great source of fiber. This first time I made it, I was kind of forcing myself to eat it. But once I took that first bite, I was in love with this salad. The second time I made it, I thought it needed something, but wasn't quite sure what that something was. I looked through my pantry and found some dried cranberries. OMG......it was the perfect combo and now I add them in every time. Soooo tasty and super easy to make.
![]() |
| Source: www.myrecipes.com |
>> Celery, Walnut (Cranberry) and Parmesan Salad (Cooking Light)
Servings: 8
Ingredients:
- 5 cups thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup parmesan (I like the shredded texture best)
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, toss well.
*NOTE: When I take this for lunch, I bring the dressing on the side.

No comments:
Post a Comment