Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recipe: Grilled Vegetable Quesadillas (Simply Delicious)

I decided to dust off my WW cookbook, Simply Delicious. I was looking to freshen up my cooking a bit and decided to go back to my go-to WW recipes. But this was a new recipe that reminded me of my new fave menu item from a Mexican restaurant near my work: grilled veggie quesadillas. 

Two words: HOLY YUM. In fact, I just made this for dinner tonight and I loved it so much I had to share it right away. It's filling, tasty, and probably one of the easiest recipes I've ever made. What more could you ask for?


Source: www.barnesandnoble.com


>>Grilled Vegetable Quesadillas (sorry, I couldn't find the recipe online)

Servings: 4


Ingredients:
- 1 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 4 slices
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 4 slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into 4 slices
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a mix of cheddar and mozzarella)

NOTE: I like my veggies in smaller chunks, so I chopped mine a bit smaller

Directions:
- Preheat broiler. Line broiler pan with foil, spray foil with Pam spray. Place the veggies on the broiler pan in a single layer. Broil til lightly charred, approx 7 mins each side.
- Preheat to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with Pam spray. Arrange veggies o n 4 of the tortillas. Top with cheese and remaining tortillas. Lightly spray tortilla tops with Pam spray. NOTE: I used 6 tortillas, topped each tortilla with veggies and cheese and left them open-faced. This was going to be 2 servings (3 each), but I could only eat 2 of the 3 quesadillas.
- Place the quesadillas on the baking sheet and bake til hot and cheese is melted, approx 7 mins.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment