Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WIW

How'd you do this week?
 
What's your challenge this week?
 
QOTW: I came across this interesting article that talks about two of my favorite things: marketing and working out. We get bombarded by advertisements, articles, magazine photos constantly. We hear about the controversial ones, the celebrity endorsed ones, and the successful ones. But, what weight loss/living healthy/working out ads appeal to you? What don't?
 
MINE:
Well, yesterday was the first day in 8 days that I didn't need to take drugs to breathe. This head cold was horrible. But I'm finally getting better. I think boot camp tonight would be a bit much, so I'm going to hit the treadmill after work and get back to exercising. Hard to believe that it's been a month since I've worked out. But, despite that, I'm happy to say that this week I'm down the 4 lbs I gained over the holidays and am back to 20 lbs down. I've been really watching what I eat and diligently sticking to my meal planning and that seemed to help a lot.

Challenge: Eat more fruit. During the summertime, there are sooo many different fruits available. I love it. Totally keeps me on track and away from the sweets. But wintertime fruit is....well.....kind of boring. Bananas, apples, and cuties are my staples. And I find myself not wanting to eat them anymore. So, I bought a pineapple and some pears. Hopefully, that will help mix things up a bit.

QOTW:The article kind of hit home for me. Some campaigns are so over the top that they're not even close to being motivational. Some of the photos I see people pin on Pinterest as motivation are girls that are bare skin and bones. It's gross and not something I want to strive for. I like real stories...people that lose weight naturally, not by buying the program food, or taking pills, getting surgery, etc. but by eating right and working out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking those programs. Hell, I know a few people that have done those programs and were successful.....but a majority of those people were only successful for a few years and then they gained it all back. Those programs just aren't for me. I want something more long term. So, I tend to gravitate more towards those programs that teach you how to change your habits and be successful as a lifetime goal. That's why I liked WW, counting calories and the Fat Smash diets. I feel like I am learning about my bad habits and learning what not to do and how to make the right choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment